Mind Mapper > Drop Box Problem

Mind Mapper > Drop Box Problem

Postby Kohman » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:39 pm

First of all, I really ENJOY using Mind Mapper. Thanks for all the effort in creating a great app!

When I tap on Dropbox, nothing appears. Is there something I'm doing wrong? If I entered my dropbox info incorrectly the first time, does it know I didn't enter it correctly?

Thanks!
Kohman

Re: Mind Mapper > Drop Box Problem

Postby joe » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:46 pm

I received a notice from Dropbox last week saying that they were going to stop supporting an old version of their API (v0). Oovium 1.1.1, 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.2 as well as Oovium Mind Mapper 1.1.2 all use DropBox API v0.

By upgrading to Oovium 1.1.3.1 or Oovium Mind Mapper 1.1.2.2 (which use DropBox API v1), your dropbox functionality should return. Upgrading is free. You should be able to upgrade by going to the AppStore and selecting the updates tab.

Once you have downloaded the new version of Oovium or OMM, you should be able to log into DropBox using the new login mechanism, which if you have the DropBox app installed will be through the app itself otherwise it will go through Safari.

At any rate, let me know if you have any trouble with any of this or any further questions.

And I'm glad you are enjoying the app!
joe
Site Admin

Postby annharri » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:28 am

I downloaded this app today. I am unable to connect with dropbox. Please, help so I don't have to start this project over.
Thanks!
annharri

Postby joe » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:33 pm

1. Which version of Oovium Mind Mapper are you currently using?
2. Which device are you using? (iPad 1,2,3; iPhone 1,3G,3GS,4,4S,5; iPod)
3. Which version of iOS are you using?
4. What is Oovium Mind Mapper and dropbox doing? Keeps asking you to login?

I'm sorry you are having trouble; hopefully we can get this figured out shortly.

Also, I'm not sure what you are trying to do at the moment, but you can also use iTunes to access the Oovium files. If you connect your device to iTunes and then select it from the iTunes pane, then select 'Apps', scroll to the bottom to the 'File Sharing' area and then click on Oovium Mind Mapper a list of your documents will appear that you can then copy and drag to your computer.
joe
Site Admin

Postby rayboston » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:06 am

I am having the same problem:

Oovium Mindmapper 1.1.3.2
iPad 2
iOS 6

I touch "Dropbox" and there is no response.

Ray
rayboston

Postby joe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:16 am

Ok thanks Ray,

I'm seeing the same problem here... very weird... Let me check it out.

Joe
joe
Site Admin

Postby joe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 am

Ok, thanks for the information on this. I've tracked down the problem. I will be submitting a version 1.1.3.3 in a few days.

Until then, you can still access and move Oovium aethers directly through iTunes:

1. Open iTunes
2. Click on your Device name on the left
3. Click the 'Apps' area along the top.
4. Scroll to the bottom and select 'Oovium'.
5. Your aethers should be listed in the Documents area where you will be able to administer them.

Thanks,
Joe
joe
Site Admin

Postby joe » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:11 pm

The dropbox problem with Oovium Mind Mapper has been fixed in version 1.1.3.3.

Let me know if you have any further problems or questions.
joe
Site Admin

Postby sofiazoe » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:25 am

When I tap on Dropbox, nothing appears. Is there something I'm doing wrong? If I entered my dropbox info incorrectly the first time, does it know I didn't enter it correctly................... :)
Decrease your exam stress by using our latest rhce study guide and best quality COMPTIA and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) . We provide with 100% pass guarantee along with wikipedia and selftestengine.
sofiazoe

Postby joe » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback sofiazoe,

Recently, a problem with Dropbox has cropped up. The first time one tries to connect to Dropbox from Oovium.

The workaround is to force quit Oovium after giving it permission. This should allow Oovium to right itself and you should be able to use dropbox as normal.
joe
Site Admin

Return to Mind Mapper