opening aethers across devices. relations getting lost

opening aethers across devices. relations getting lost

Postby wilfwilson » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:36 am

Just downloaded Oovium. I exported / saved [?] an minmap-type aether to dropbox from my iMac. I open it on my MBP and all but one of the relationships have gone. Am I missing something? Please tell me haven't just bought something that won't work across multiple devices.
Running Mavericks on both
wilfwilson

Re: opening aethers across devices. relations getting lost

Postby joe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:35 am

It definitely *should* work. It should work between an iOS device and OS X device and certainly between different OS X devices.

Perhaps you have discovered a bug. I will follow up via email.
joe
Site Admin

Re: opening aethers across devices. relations getting lost

Postby joe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:50 am

I attempted to email you, but was bounced by your spam filter. At any rate, here is my email:

Hi,

I apologize you are having issues with Oovium. Thanks a lot for reporting it. Let’s see if we can track down the problem.

It sounds like you are creating an aether containing TextBubs with links between them; exporting the aether to a file and importing it to Oovium on another computer where the links are disappearing.

I previously have not seen issues moving an aether from one computer to another, but let me run some tests.

Probably the most helpful thing would be for you to send me your aethers with the issue, but I realize that solution may be suboptimal. Another possibility is to try to recreate the problem with a dummy aether and then send me that instead. (Although it is always interesting and helpful to see what for and how people are using Oovium)

Again sorry about the issue and thanks for your help,

Joe
joe
Site Admin

Return to Oovium