Forget Germany :) Loved here in Ohio

Forget Germany :) Loved here in Ohio

Postby MikeLip » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:48 am

I went to Android, and really missed Oovium. It's just so easy to set up if/then and far more complex relationships in it, and they make sense to the people I show them to. It's a very strong visualization tool. It has served me well in everything from budget forecasts to electronic modeling. While I wish (wish wish wish wish wish) that you would put out an Android version so I could carry it on my Note 2, I bought an iPad Mini mainly so I can use this app. That's how good it is. Please port it. Pleeeeeeeease? :D
MikeLip

Re: Forget Germany :) Loved here in Ohio

Postby joe » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks for your encouraging words. They help a lot.

I'll go back and take another look at an Android port. There are a couple of things that work in favor of an Android port: one, I'm quite proficient in Java, so I wouldn't have to deal with the learning curve issues that came along with learning Objective-C. Another, is that I'm just finishing up my first port of Oovium. That port has been fairly painless and I have been taking steps or eyeing changes to the Oovium code base to make future ports easier still.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what the Economics of the Android user base are at this point, especially for tablets. I know the phones are very popular and I'm also aware that the 4th most common search term along with Oovium is 'android'.

At any rate, I'll check in with one of my development buddies to see what numbers he's seeing at the moment are.
joe
Site Admin

Re: Forget Germany :) Loved here in Ohio

Postby MikeLip » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Awesome. You have a beta tester right here :D
MikeLip

Return to Oovium