Archive of Oovium User Requests

Re: Archive of Oovium User Requests

Postby joe » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:52 am

Oh, sorry about that John... I'll try to check to see what the session timeout is set to and see if I can't increase it.
joe
Site Admin

Postby jmagave » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 am

Hi Joe,

I am very satisfied with the whole Oovium, it is fun. This is my second ``feature request'' post :) --

1) zooming -- again :)
2) ``magnifier'' text box editing would be fine (like iPhone does), so we can place the cursor at the right spot.
3) where is the ``vector dot product'' key? no longer supported?
4) PLEASE, change function argument separator to ``;'' -- because comma is used as ``decimal separator'' in european languages, including pt-BR (portuguese) -- i8n -- like 1.000,23 (one thousand and 23 cents).
5) ``Oovium'' -- is a fun name, it sound like ``eggs'' in portuguese. :)

Thanks, and keep up improving OOvium.

Jayr
jmagave

Postby joe » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey Jayr,

2) You can move the cursor by anchor tapping on an expression. I realize I need to advertise the existence of this gesture a bit more. Because the expression editor is a custom view, the magnifine glass control implementation would be non trivial.

3) I moved the dot product operator to the function lexicon. If you tap open the mis pad, there is a lex button in the upper right hand corner. That will bring up the lexicon which contains a list of all operators and functions currently available within Oovium. You can double tap on any of these in order to insert them into your expression.

4) Ok, thanks for reminding me about this. I noticed that the ' . ' button doesn't switch for European languages a few weeks ago. Is the semicolon actually the character Europeans use to separate parameters? What about when using Java or C++?

5) I'm glad you like the name! The initial motivation was OO as in object oriented with the Latin substance ending 'ium' as if it was some kinda of OO material. But, I was also cognizant of the Ova similarities too. I later discovered it means 'image of' in Tamil which I'm also quite fond of.

Thanks for your feedback!

Joe
joe
Site Admin

Postby Tavo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:22 am

Very good app, it's almost perfect for what I need... I hope at some point you will add capability to plot at least line, bar, pie charts...
Tavo

Postby joe » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:29 am

Thanks Tavo!

Visualization will be the focus of the 2nd aspect of Oovium. I still have a few larger projects to tackle before I can start on the second aspect, but hopefully it won't be too far down the line.
joe
Site Admin

Postby t0008sa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Is the ln (natural log) function included? Is there a comprehensive list of functions somewhere?
t0008sa

Postby joe » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:45 am

Yes, ln is included.

Within the app there is a comprehensive list of functions within the function lexicon. (Click open the keypad switcher (the blank cyan button). Hit the 'mis' keypad and then tap the 'lex' button.)

I'm guessing however you don't have the app, yet. I'll try to put together a comprehensive list of functions on the website later today.
joe
Site Admin

Postby t0008sa » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:56 am

Correct -- wanted to make sure that function was there before buying.
t0008sa

Postby stephen3141 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Alphabetizing the names of the aethers would be appreciated.
stephen3141

Postby joe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Generally, the aether's are alphabetized. However, I have noticed that upper and lower cases are alphabetized separately. Thanks for reminding me; I'll fix that for the next update.
joe
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Oovium